Sound Card drivers

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:34:33 -0700

Carl Parrish wrote:

> Okay where is the best place to look for a sound card driver? I need on
> for a Via AC97 chip. Looked on Via's website, looked on Shuttle's
> website (the maker of the motherboard the chipset is on). They both have
> RH 6.2 rpms but can't get them to work with my RH 7.0 and they don't
> have any drivers for either 7.0 or 7.1. Any ideas?
>
> Carl P.

-----
Most of these things will emulate a soundblaster 16 - so I'm kind of
surprised that they just didn't install the soundblaster drivers and
load - Rather than pull your hair out though, if you have a spare PCI
slot, buy one of the $13 PCI generic sound cards at Fry's. RH - kudzu
identified it on first boot and it worked.

Craig