cheap IP's

Wayne Conrad plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
9 Aug 2001 16:41:09 -0700

On Tue, 07 August 2001, "Eric Van Buskirk" wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a cheaper way to get a static IP address in the Phoenix
> area, while still being able to maintain a high-speed connection?

Have you looked at speakeasy.net?  I'm not sure how they compare to the rest.  I pay $60 plus the usual loose change for my IDSL (I'm very far from the switch) and a static IP.  What I like about Speakeasy is that they don't much care what I do with the bandwidth.  Their TOS has the usual escape clause that lets them whine if your modem lights go solid on 24 hours/day, but nothing that restricts you from running servers of any kind or doing business.  It's just bandwidth as far as they seem to be concerned.
  Wayne