Bash, Perl, Python???

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:22:11 -0700 (PDT)

I would consider it essential to at least be comfortable writing and
maintaining shell-scripts.  Your Linux system has a lot of shell-scripts
that bring the box up and keep it going, so being able to read them and
modify them will improve your Linux knowledge.  Plus, shell-scripting is
an easy place to start for someone interested in programming.
O'Reilly has a Bash book if you're interested.  http://www.oreilly.com
~M