hard drive partitions

Rick Rosinski plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:37:13 -0700

A long time back, I thought I was ingenius by creating separate partitions,
650 mb each so that I can back them up to cd rom, thinking that I could
manage them better.  But, I keep running out of space on each partition,
having to make symlinks to directories that I copied to partitions with space
to spare.  I am thinking about discarding this whole approach, and to just
use one single partition for all programs, and to keep all data on a separate
large partition.  What are the advantages and disadvantages of using huge
partitions as apposed to having them broken down into smaller partitions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Rick Rosinski
http://rickrosinski.com