OT: RC Vaccine?

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:23:28 -0400

Actually, I've spoken with one of Qwest's top DSL people, and he said
they wouldn't have a problem with me running servers on my connection.
I had mentioned that being one of the reasons why I want to ditch cable.
Frankly, I'm just sitting back and having a chuckly at all the NT
servers getting hosed around the @Home service.  My access_log is piling
up the requests for /index.ida?XXXXXXXX...
Oh, and some people *ARE* allowed to run servers, but that's the higher
end @Work accounts.  If @Home/@Work has mingled it's IP addresses, your
solution becomes difficult to implement without pissing off the bigger
corporate customers.

TOS... Sure, I've heard of that.

And to the original author... People in network security already thought
of spreading the patch by worm.  They decided they didn't want to lower
themselves to the worm author's level.

Kick back, have a beer, and be happy Apache isn't vulnerable.
X-)