Firewalls

Michael J. Schweppe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:23:53 -0700

On Mon,  6 Aug 2001 13:33:42 -0500, "Tom Achtenberg"
<tom@jesusforme.com> wrote:

>What is a good firewall to use on a RH7.0 workstation that has an always on internet connection?

This is like asking 12 lawyers for a legal opinion; you're bound to
get 13 replies <g>.  I have used both of these when I was running Red
Hat 6.2 [both should run under 7.0].  They are worth taking a look at:

	http://freshmeat.net/projects/pmfirewall/

	http://freshmeat.net/projects/bastillelinux/

>At this point the only thing between the internet and my workstation is a simple hub.

This is VERY bad.

	http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/linux.html

---
Michael J. Schweppe michael@schweppe.org

One thinks that an error exposed is dead, but exposure
amounts to nothing when people want to believe.--Sir Frederick Pollock