CD Burner

Michael J. Schweppe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:14:46 -0700

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:42:45 -0700, Thomas Mondoshawan Tate
<phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu> wrote:

>I'd say go with Plexstor primarily because of their good track record of
>making drives that last a while. Also, if you can, get a drive that supports
>BurnProof -- it'll help to prevent buffer underruns. I believe Plexstor
>makes a couple of CD-R drives that support it.

Plextor does make drives that incorporate BurnProof technology.

I cannot speak from experience, because I don't have one yet, but
based on what I've read I will be buying a Plextor IDE in the next two
weeks.  Everything I've read about their drives has been equal if not
better than other drives available.  The 12x10x32x is selling for
about $140 too,

http://shopper.cnet.com/shopping/resellers/0-12425-311-2096650-0.html?tag=pop

I'm sure you can find less expensive prices at

	 http://www.pricewatch.com

though.

---
Michael J. Schweppe michael@schweppe.org

"Unless you believe that sharing information is the moral equivalent of attacking a ship
 and kidnaping the people on it, please don't use the term 'piracy' to describe sharing."
 --Richard M. Stallman