CVS Philosophy

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:02:10 -0700

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 11:48 pm, Craig White wrote:
> How fair is it install CVS version if you can't help develop the
> project? Is it also fair to ask for assistance on CVS stuff?
>
> I see people doing that in various projects - is it rude?

No, not at all.  That's why we set up anonymous CVS and CVSup servers.  Those
are all read-only and intended for people who want to stay bleeding edge, but
don't necessarily contribute code.

We do appreciate things like (detailed!) bug reports and doc updates and the
like, though. :-)
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop