SMTP Server

Jay plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:37:16 -0700 (MST)

Actually, your reply reminded me of something strange (read: stupid) I
noticed. When I issued "/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail start" it actually
started postfix (damn Mandrake). The script was set to do sendmail, and
/usr/sbin/sendmail was not a link to postfix. Come to find out, the
sendmail binary had been replaced (during the install, because I now
recall this happening on another MDK system too) with a binary script to
call postfix. A simple:

rpm -e postfix
rpm -Uvh --force 3-SENDMAIL-RPMS.rpm

...and its working beautifully now. Thanks! :)

~Jay