openbsd

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 16:40:02 -0500

I am just re-aquired a openbsd box I built for
a friend of mine. Built it to replace a really old Linux
box hoe was using, and becasue openbsd had built in support for
pppoe.  Anyway, after a few months of sitting around, he lost
the root passwd.

I have tried my old linux tricks in booting to a boot floppy, and then mounting
thepartition, but this method doesn;t work in openbsd.

I have tried nulling the passwd field in mastwr.passwd with sed. And also nulling
spwd.db. But, as you can see I am writing here about it becasue it didn't work.

I surely don't mind reinstalling, but I see a challenge/oppurtunity here.
I hate to go back to the ole MS method of fixing things by reinstalling.

Anyone mind throwing me a bone or two?