web editors

Eric Richardson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:32:35 -0700

Jason wrote:

> Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > On the other hand, I refuse to let any program other than vim create
> > my HTML files so maybe I'm a bad person to recommend a web editor :-/
>
> Heheh.. how about jed? Or pico?

I use emacs and psgml which works great for XHTML(XML) or HTML(SGML).
Add a doc type at the top of the document and the DTD on your file
system and you can select valid tags from a menu and validate via nsgmls
right from an emacs menu. You can also use DocBook and then convert to
HTML and/or FOP via Norm Walsh's stylesheets. Then you can use a FOP
processor to turn the FOP into PDF and they are working on RTF etc. The
docbook stuff is a little rough go but it does work and people do use
it.

PSGML on sourceforge and FOP on xml.apache.org.

Eric