When is a case no longer a case? (was Re: scorpions vs dust b unnies

Simper, Brian D plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:24:00 -0700

There exists a whole subculture of people who like to do physical
modifications of their cases that make lexan windows look like minimal
modifications.  The case gallery at Virtual Hideout contains more that 1300
pictures sent in by people who have done major cosmetic surgery on their
cases.  And yes, they have a couple of machines that are mounted to the wall
with no case at all.  One guy even hung his motherboard, hard drive, CD-ROM,
and power supply from the ceiling as a bizarre mobile.

http://www.virtualhideout.net/cool_case/index.shtml

Many are mounted inside suitcases for easy transport to LAN parties, and a
frightening number are mounted inside cardboard (literal pizza boxes being
one popular motif).  So I suppose that shielding may not be quite as
necessary as assumed.

Brian