A question about lilo - and it's necessity.

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:52:56 -0700 (MST)

Am 27. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Steven M. Klass so:

> 	I thought I was reading something (sometime, somewhere) that if
> you don't multi-boot, or boot to different kernels you could get away
> without intstalling lilo.  This sounds strange, but can it be done?

Um, maybe :). You need something to boot from. On a hard drive in an x86
it's a boot loader. There are multiple boot loaders available. If you're
unhappy with lilo look at grub.

You could also boot from floppy or CD, but I don't think that's what
you're looking for.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose (tie) away. - der.hans