Shared objects

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:45:16 +0000

> > Okay where is a good place to find shared objects? It seems when ever I
> > try to install a major rpm I'm missing some dependencies. In this case
> > I'm using the postgresql rpm and I'm missing libpq.so.2. I've searched
> > on freshmeat and Red Hat's website but can't seem to find it. I know
> > this has to be easy but don't know where to get them from. Is there like
> > some huge central location I can find .so at?

> Why is it i see this issue alot with regards to RPM dependencie this
> dependencie that lol I see why i moved over to Slackware ;P

The program aint going to run without the required files, regardless
of how they were installed... having run a slackware 3 based box for
ages until I went to RH6.2 this year, I can attest to that...

OTOH, if you cant install something and you HAVE the proper files in
their places, and the RH installed doesnt have the brains to realize
it and cant be overridden, that would SUCK. Thats not the case, is it?

Do an altavista advanced search for the filename your missing, or, in
your case, for "libpq.so*", and your bound to find it somewhere.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|