web editors

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:40:31 +0000

Kurt Granroth wrote:
> On the other hand, I refuse to let any program other than vim create
> my HTML files so maybe I'm a bad person to recommend a web editor :-/

Heheh.. how about jed? Or pico?

Actually, pico sucks for editing most stuff because of the damned
"Long Lines Wrapped" feature which sees fit to wrap lines EVEN when
you start pico with the do not wrap option... the potential to badly
mung files exists,

The editor I for those files is called "Crippled Pico".. and yes, its
quite crippled, I developed it so people could use pico on a dialup
BBS - basically all the file read/write options are disabled, it wont
start without a filename, etc... but it supports lonnnnnng lines.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|