When is a case no longer a case? (was Re: scorpions vs dust bunnies

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:38:03 +0000

Bob George wrote:

> Isn't part of the function of a case to shield outside devices from
> interference, thus requiring metal? Don't those big lexan view windows and
> fan openings negate that somewhat?

Lexan? Probably. The big fan opening and air cleaner I used,
however... was quite well shielded. The FRAM air filter had a metal
screen holding in the paper element, and the top part wsa covered with
a metal lid. The input fan sat inside the air filter, ala carbeurator.

> Can I just mount my motherboard on a nice
> oak board with suitable backplane support and stick it on my wall as art?

Some of the new motherboards have rather low RF output at any given
frequency when they are set to run in spread spectrum mode...

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|