GDB and threads...

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:17:17 -0700

On Apr 26,  1:38pm, Jiva DeVoe wrote:

> does anyone know of a better debugger than gdb for debugging
> multithreaded apps?

I don't know of any other options on Linux.

> Gdb's thread support is... ummm "interesting"

What problems are you seeing?

Also, have you tried the current development sources?  See
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/#download

> OR, does anyone know WHEN gdb's thread support will improve?

It is being worked on, off and on.  It really helps when we (the
GDB team) have relatively small test cases to look at.

BTW, this discussion probably ought to be moved to
gdb@sources.redhat.com.  I'm willing to continue discussing it here if
you want, but you'll get the attention of other GDB developers if you
ask your question on one of the GDB mailing lists.  (The Linux threads
maintainer for GDB is usually pretty responsive if you supply him with
specific test cases.)

Kevin