Time Sync

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:37:42 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Tyler Hall so:

> Does anyone know of a program that will sync the system clock with a
> satalite?  I don't even know if this is possible, but I thought i'd ask.

ntpd or xntpd.

ntp = network time protocol

Make sure you're behind a firewall when you use it. I've recently noticed
people trying to connect to my box at home on the ntp port :(.

The docs, /usr/share/doc, have info about who to connect to, etc. Lots of
docs...

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --