Shared objects

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:11:06 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Carl Parrish so:

> Okay where is a good place to find shared objects? It seems when ever I
> try to install a major rpm I'm missing some dependencies. In this case
> I'm using the postgresql rpm and I'm missing libpq.so.2. I've searched
> on freshmeat and Red Hat's website but can't seem to find it. I know
> this has to be easy but don't know where to get them from. Is there like
> some huge central location I can find .so at?

Actually, you want to search somewhere that uses rpm2html. rpmfind.net is
one such place. google will find quite a few more. The rpm2html util makes
web pages that contain the file list from each of the packages. The shared
object is part of a package. In this case it appears to be postgresql.

If you've got the disk space put in a mirror. Then you can search the
mirror using rpm queries. That's how I have it setup at work. Copied all
the RPMs off the CDs.

Along with that I setup a mirror that grabs the errata and set up autorpm
to get updates from it. Updating goes pretty painlessly now.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --