FW: Microsoft: Closed source is more secure

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:15:02

It's all "the pot calling the kettle black."  Open source does not have an
unblemished security record.  So what.  I wouldn't expect it to be perfect.
 Nor would I expect commercial products to be perfect (especially not
Microsoft!).

The whole of his remarks are irrelevant.  He should of discussed the ways
that Microsoft is working on being more secure and tacked on a sentence
like "Open source and everyone else should be working to improve security
too."

It is a bunch of blather to deflect criticism of MS and to continue the
campaign of FUD on open source.  Expected and I expect more of the same
from the Redmond Gang.

Alan