ipnat & gre

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:46:38 -0500

Well after becoming another casuality of
the Cleardata fiasco, I now have a new email account.

Question:
I am using OpenBSD 2.8 and am having difficulty
getting M$'s (I believe) VPN to work.

I have a user who is trying to get OUT of my
network, pass the OpenBSD box, and get access
to his VPN in Germany.

The software indicates that it makes a connection,
attempts to validate username, blah, blah, and then
just hangs.

A tailing of ipflog does not show any signs of rejection,
but a tcpdump shows some gre packets.  I did a little
research, but have failed to come up with the proper
settings for ipnat.rules

Anyone have any experience in getting this to work?
Any bones?

Mike Starke
meg@csoft.net