Serverkill or shutdown problem with network X apps

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
18 Apr 2001 23:46:22 -0700

ok,
I amgetting a rather strange problem...
Under mandrake 7.2, I am getting the following message when I try to run
other X apps from my other accounts under my main user account (not root):

"X connection to hostname:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)"

I am using ssh tunneling for this..

this problem hardly ever cropped up in redhat 7.0 but I now get it
on all network based apps (netscape, xchat, kmail, etc).

I've checked to make sure that my configs for ssh are correct.
no joy there, they are.

not only does this happen internal on my own box now, but it also happens
when accessing remote shell accounts that have X apps....

It either has to be the sshd here or the X server here.

not sure how to solve this one.

HEEEEELP!

Hawke

Signup for your free USWEST.mail Email account http://www.uswestmail.net