SRC RPM

Eric Thelin plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:58:15 -0700 (MST)

It is a two step process.  To build it use:

rpm --rebuild PACKAGE.src.rpm

This will place binary rpm(s) in /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i[3456]86/ on a
mandrake system and /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i[3456]86/ on a redhat box
where the last directory is your architecture (ie. i586).  Remember one
SRPM can build more than one binary RPM.  For example
bind-version.src.rpm woule build bind-version.i586.rpm,
bind-utils-version.i586.rpm, and bind-vdevel-ersion.i586.rpm.  One trick
that makes this easier is to take note that about 10 lines before the
end of the compile process each generated rpm is listed on a line like

Wrote: /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586/libogg0-1.0-0.beta4.1mdk.i586.rpm
Wrote: /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586/libogg0-devel-1.0-0.beta4.1mdk.i586.rpm

So you can just select and paste these lines to your rpm -Uvh line.

Eric

--
Eric Thelin                                          erict@aztechbiz.com
           AZtechBiz.com: Where Arizona Does Tech Business