KDE 2.1 on Debian (Progeny actually)

Marc Chung plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:28:02 -0700 (MST)

KDE2.1 in three steps

1)  Add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list file..

deb http://kde.rap.ucar.edu potato main crypto optional

2)  apt-get update

3)  apt-get install task-kde

There is no inclusive KDE package, for a list of file that you need, look
at the Depends line for task-kde.

so you'd have to do something like:

some-prompt$ apt-get install kde-base kde-multimedia konq .. etc.

Or use dselect to pick it up for you.

--

KDE 2.2 in a whole LOT more steps..

If you want 2.2some-alpha release, then:

1) Add these lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list file..

# 2.2alpha-1 release
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Erkrusty/ kde2.2/i386/

#crypto pkgs
deb http://pandora.debian.org/%7Erkrusty/ kde2.2/i386/

#req'd X4.0.3 packages
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/i386/

There's also a 2.1 ISO, roam around ftp://kde.debian.net/ to find it...

Hope that helps.. KDE 2.1 is quite the eye candy experience..

--
Marc Chung
mchung@asu.edu