kernel 2.4 & redhat 6.2

plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
13 Apr 2001 19:52:04 -0700

oooops, I deleted the rpevious message.
I was referencing if you happened tobe onthe net with that box.
kernel 2.4 will not like the older network utils very well.

sorry if I didn't make it clear from a server-side viewpoint.

Otherwise, a lot of other files would have to be updated.
if you compile from sources, BE ADVISED: the docs for the sources
trictly state that you must be running a version of gcc newer than x
(when may be considerably newer than the gcc that comes with redhat 6.2).
if this is the case, I recommend going to at least 2-85.2 as 2-96.x is
still broken forthe most part.

Other files that will demand updates areyour libs (and anything dependant
on them). its a real dicey situation.

Hawke