kernel 2.4 & redhat 6.2

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:41:39 -0700

I think that you can be reasonably sure that redhat 6.2 is too old and not
ready for the 2.4 kernel.  There are certain compadibility issues the new
kernel has with older software.  You might want to try upgradeing to redhat
7.0, or mandrake 7.2.  Both are known to be 2.4 ready.  Or you could even
grab a mandrake 8.0beta and that will come with the 2.4 kernel.
You only other bet is to find a list of exaclty what versions of what
software the 2.4 kernel requires and just start upgradeing at full speed.

Brian Cluff