Mandrake 8 NIICE

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:36:34 -0700

--Multiple message reply--
> The only thing I need in linux now is for all my games
> to emualte or somehow port over in the future.
> (i.e Everquest, Civilization 3, Warcraft 3, Alpha Centauri we all love
me..)

Check out www.lokigames.com, you will find they have have ported
Civilization: call to power, and alpha centauri over to native linux games.
You'll probably have to try running the other's with wine, or maybe install
vmware or win4lin to play the others.  Our monkeyboy is an everquest freak
and also a linux freak, so I'll probably know fairly soon if he can get it
running with wine.

> 3. Isn't Mandrake a recompile of Redhat anyway?

Once upon a time it was, around mandrake 5.1 days, but these days its
definalty its own beast that retains compadibility with using redhat RPM's
(Not all RPM's are created equal,  try putting some caldara RPM's on your ox
if you find your machine running too good)

Brian Cluff