Zip drive issue

Donn Shumway plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:47:31 -0700

Is the Primary device on the secondary channel an IDE CD-RW?

Regards,
Donn Shumway
dshumway@hypercom.com
"Once the 'what' is decided, the 'how' always follows. We must not make the 'how' an excuse for not
facing and accepting the 'what.'"
-- Pearl S. Buck

>I have installed Progeny Linux RC 2 and then apt-get upgraded to the commercial release. I'm
working on a Dell OptiPlex GX1. I'm trying to >figure out how to mount a zip drive under this
system. The zip drive is the slave device on the 2nd IDE channel making it /dev/hdd. So I type
>mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4 /zip and I get "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/hdd4, or too many mounted file systems"