ipop3d on MDK-7.2

Jay plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:56:14 -0700 (MST)

I just tried turning on POP3 on my server at home. I get it running
(through xinetd) just fine. I do a portscan of the machine and port 110
shows up. I can also telnet to port 110 on that machine and get the POP3
daemon (ipop3d).

However, when I try to POP my mail from there, it logs in and
authenticates just fine, it sees that I have new messages, it starts to
read a few bytes of the first message, then it just hangs.

I had the Mandrake-default POP3 RPM installed (imap-4.7c2-4mdk-i586.rpm),
and I went to rpmfind.net, re-downloaded it, and re-installed it. Still
the same problem though. Any pointers?

(Sometimes I really miss Slackware -- it is *so* easy for this kind of
stuff :)

--
~Jay

.. Jay Jacobson           Chief Executive Officer ..
.. Opnix, Inc.                   http://opnix.com ..
..        Innovating Internet Intelligence        ..