xml<->cvs

Tom Bradford plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:03:19 -0700

Kurt Granroth wrote:
> XML (eXtensible Markup Language) is a markup-language -- a way of
> logically defining the structure of the information in a text file.
>
> CVS (Concurrent Versioning System) is a version control mechanism -- a
> way of keeping a "history" of all changes you make to an entire
> project.
>
> I have a decent amount of experience with the former and a LOT of
> experience with the latter so if you can describe what your problem is
> in more detail, I might be able to help.

Uhhh,

I think he means CSV (Comma Separated Values).  There are tools that
will transform relational data (which can easily be generated using CSV
files) to/from XML... A good place to start would be Ron Bourret's web
site.  http://www.rpbourret.com/  He has a toolset that he developed as
well as links to just about every commercial and OSS XML/Database tool.

Hope that helps,
Tom

--
Tom Bradford