Info. on ADSL provider in Dobson Ranch Area

Mark Holbert mark@linuxsoftware.org
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:59:30 -0700

Sundar,

I live in the Dobson Ranch area (Guadalupe and 101) and had no problem
getting DSL from Sprint.  They have a service called Sprint Ion
http://ion.sprint.com/index_flash.html that we really like.  We have DSL and
two phone lines (400 free domestic long distance min a month and of course
local calls) for about $120.  The best part...no Qwest.

On a side note...our neighbor has Qwest DSL so they are in the area.  I
talked to him and he said the first time he called they said he wasn't in
the coverage area.  A week later he called again and someone else at Qwest
said that he was in the area.

/shrug

Mark Holbert

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sundar Narayanasamy" <sundar4unix@excite.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 7:50 PM
Subject: Info. on ADSL provider in Dobson Ranch Area

Hello,

Do you know of any SDSL provider for Dobson Ranch, Mesa area? I had SDSL
from Telocity through NorthPoint. But, since NorthPoint went bankrupt,
Telocity is moving to ADSL and other providers --I spoke to like EarthLink
-- provide only ADSL for residential customers.

For strange reasons QWEST says that they cannot provide any DSL, as we are
too far away from their DSL routers.

Any information is appreciated.

Sundar

Send a cool gift with your E-Card