[Xpert]XFree86 4.0.3 with Voodoo3 2000 and Virtual Resoluitons

Daryll Strauss daryll@valinux.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:27:48 -0700

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 10:12:58PM -0700, Rick Rosinski wrote:
> I am absolutely sure that this came from /etc/X11.
> Would Glide have anything to do with this, along side with the nvidia
> driver?
> If so, where can I get the latest Glide drivers (besides looking in
> www.3dfx.com (it doesn't have it, or ftp.3dfx.com - which doesn't exist)?

Let's see if we can make this clear.

The 2D driver for 3dfx hardware is included with XFree86. You don't need
anything else to run it.

You mentioned a problem with not getting the virtual resolution you
wanted. It sounds like it could be a bug in the 3dfx 2D driver.

Glide is a library that is used by the DRI when supporting OpenGL
application on 3dfx hardware.

If you are installing the DRI for 3D you must install Glide. It has no
effect on 2D.