Disregard KDE 2.1 and autostart

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:17:43 -0700 (MST)

Am 31. Mar, 2001 schwäzte Kurt Granroth so:

> Yeah, we got a lot of complaints about "polluting" the $HOME directory
> with often unnecessary directories.  So we put as much as possible
> inside "hidden" ones.

Thank you! I've actually moved many of my dotfiles into a dot directory
:).

Does KDE now put all of its stuff inder .kde? That would be awesome. Seems
gnome uses 2 or 3 dot dirs as well as at least one dotfile :(.

The other thing I don't like about KDE :) - does it now allow us to change
KDE config files while running KDE? It is far faster to vi half a dozen
files than it is to flip through all the GUIs ( even if they're lightning
fast! ) . If I'm making changes for a bunch of desktop machines that I'm
supporting I want to be able to script it and I don't want to have to care
if they're logged in :), e.g. make changes, then tell them to restart KDE.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans