ISP recomendation

Rusty Carruth rustyc@descomp.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:27:55 -0700 (MST)

> Does anyone know of a local ISP offering dialup ppp that runs their own
> news server? I bailed out of Primenet before they could dump me to
> Earthlink and went with Illusions, but I'm not happy with their outsourced
> news feed.

getnet.net - I did a tiny bit of looking at their news server and
I'm impressed.  its like $25 signup and $21/mo.  I don't know if
they give referrals or not, so I'm assuming not - so this is
an unbiased reccommendation ;-)

> I'd prefer someone local as it's comforting to have somewhere to go to
> pound on a table if necessary. Barring that, a regional.

Its very local, I even know the owner personally (not REAL well,
but I've got his cell phone number ;-)

rc