remote printer problems

Lynn P. Tilby lynn@sol.createv.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:34:07 -0700

I am setting up a remote printer from intel (andromeda) Red Hat 6.2, to
DEC alpha (sol) Red Hat 5.1.  I don't think the versions should make a
difference...

I am getting the following after setting up the configuration on
andromeda when tring to print.
---------------------
andromeda: waiting for queue to be enabled on 209.180.146.228

root: 1st                                [job 000andromeda]
        /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters//testpage.asc 625 bytes

sol.createv.com: lpd: lp: Your host does not have line printer access

The problem seems to be giving access to andromeda to print from sol.
How is this done?

--
Best Regards,
Lynn P. Tilby