libtermcap

Kurt Granroth kurt@granroth.org
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 16:50:55 -0700

Lucas Vogel wrote:
> I am trying to install an rpm, but it seems to fail because it can't find
> libtermcap.so.2, which is located not only in my /usr/lib directory but in
> /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib directory as well. What do I do to make this rpm
> find that file?

RPMs don't really look for files, they look for packages that contain
files.  So I think several things are possible in your case:

1) Your libtermcap.so.2 wasn't installed by an RPM.  In that case, it
   doesn't exist as far as the RPM database is concerned.
   or
2) The dependencies for your new RPM are misspelled
   or
3) Your RPM is really demanding a devel RPM or something similar and
   you only have the "normal" termcap RPM installed

You can tell if libtermcap.so.2 was installed by and RPM and what it's
called by doing a 'rpm -qf /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.2'  Then do a
'rpm -qpR <newrpm>.rpm' to see what the dependencies are make sure
that the name of the termcap RPM matches up with what your new RPM
wants.

In a pinch, you can always force an install by using --nodeps, then.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop