Sending Raw PCL code to a Linux Printer.

Matt G. Ellis mge@internetsyndicate.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:45:32 -0700

Hello All,

I have a printer that is not suported in Linux, that I would like to share
among a few computers I have networked.  I read somewhere that I can use the
windows print drivers for the printer to genreate the raw PCL code, and then
somehow send it to samba, which just dumps it to the LPT port on the server
(which the printer is hooked to)

Does anyone know how to do this?  I'm kinda confused.  I know I have to edit
my smb.conf and /etc/printcap files, but I don't know how.

I am running Mandrake 6.0 On the server.

Thanks!

Matt