ARTICLE: Red Hat launching Linux subscription services network

Bill Warner wwarner@direct-alliance.com
28 Sep 2000 00:22:37 +0700

I guess I would be one of those Debian devotees you talk about.  I still
have great respect for Redhat though.  Even with all the negative Redhat
=
Micro$oft of linux stuff that goes around I just don't buy it.  Redhat
is
in busness to make money, Yet the give all of there changes away for
free,
pay people (Alan Cox) to do nothing but kernel work.  Sure this gives
them
a big say in what goes in and what doesn't (see rants on kernel mailing
list
about riserfs) but I still belive they do more good than any other
company
out there.  Even linuxone the joke of the linux world did nothing but
help
the community and let everyone know that you can't just through together
crapy distribution of linux and expect it to sell.  Redhat may not be
the
best distribution but it has its strengths as does Debian, Suse,
Caldara,
Corel (humor: even though I don't personal know of any in corel;) ),
Slackware
and the many others.  Linux works because of this.

On that note I am still rather upset that they decided to standardise on
Redhat here at work.  Ohh well at least its moving away from the current
SCO and NT.

Bill Warner