Samba with NT

Doug Winterburn doug@winterburn.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:43:35 -0700

'98 and NT use encrypted passwords, '95 does not - therefore, in your
smb.conf file:

encrypt passwords = Yes
security = user

Also:

man smbpasswd

will tell you how to create your smb passwords.

-Doug Winterburn

To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Samba with NT

I've got mixed Linux and NT and 95 boxen and haven't had a problem since
learned how to seutp the smb.conf file correctly.  I can connect from
any
one to any other too.  I've even got a bounce share.  NT connecting to a
smb
share that is connected to another NT share.  Make sure you double check
all
your permissions!

Don

>I have the same problem. I have a NT and 95 box. the 95 can connect and see
the shares just
fine but NT doesn't see it. Since it's not a big problem I haven't
bothered
to dig into it.