Terminal setup

Art Wagner awagner@uswest.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:21:03 -0700

Hi all,
I've got a problem for you folks to consider and play with;
I have a brand new Cisco 675 router I have to setup.  The initial
setup of the username and password MUST be done through
the serial port of the Cisco at 9600 8N1, via a null modem cable.
The problem is I can't get minicom to stop thinking it is driving
a modem. What I really need is a way to make my Linux system
think it is a dumb serial terminal connected via a null modem
cable to another system (the Cisco) via /dev/ttyS0 at 9600 baud
8bits, no parity, 1 stopbit (8N1). I have played with minicom
but I can't seem to get it to connect. I really want to solve
this without reinstalling WinXXXX. I set my old Cisco up with
Windoze but I have since blown w95 away. Any help greatly
appreciated...
Art