MesaGL and glut.h(was: ARTICLE: Build your own black hole)

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 07:24:32 -0700

Hawke wrote:
> Well guys,
> I am having a problem with Mesa and the other libs
> associated with this. a lot of them demand glibc-2.2.x
> but redhat doesn't have that version.
>
> When I try to upgrade to that version from rufus.w3.org
> I suddenly get a lot of failed dependencies with other
> more important system tools (like pam, perl, xauth, and others).
>
> I really wish redhat would either get with the program, or
> make a standard that everyone can live with!

Have you tried having more than one glibc installed.. or does ldconfig
choke on that?

I noticed that I have glibc-1.2.so.0.0.6 ... Mesa 3.0 compiled fine.
Maybe thats why "glut.h" is missing... maybe I need a newer Mesa too
(I downloaded it quite a while ago)

--
jkenner@mindspring.com    __
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|