Lost ipconfig information

David Demland ddemland@cadtel.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:46:51 -0700

Thank you Hans. I got this fixed. One more question, I do I get the route
information saved so that it is the same after boot up every time? This
Storm box seems not to save the route information permanently after I use
the route command to set the routing information.

Thank You,

David Demland
Qa/Testing Manager
CADTEL Systems, Inc.
11201 N. Tatum Ste. 200
Phoenix, AZ 85028
(602) 953-4888
Fax: (602) 953-4833
ddemland@cadtel.com

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of
der.hans
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 10:25 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: Lost ipconfig information

Am 20. Sep, 2000 schwäzte David Demland so:

> Hans,
>
> Thanks that worked just fine. I can now see the second NIC after a reboot.
>
> The only problem is that I set the broadcast with ifconfig and when I
reboot
> the broadcast is set back to 63.255.255.255 from the 63.88.193.255 I set
it
> to before the reboot. How do I get this to stay?

Add netmask to the config.

iface eth0 inet static
        address 10.5.5.99
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 10.5.5.0
        broadcast 10.5.5.255
        gateway 10.5.5.5

Technically you shouldn't need to add network and broadcast as they can be
derived from addy and netmask.

ciao,

der.hans
--