Changing primary and secondary DNS without X

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:34:54 -0700 (MST)

Am 20. Sep, 2000 schwäzte David Demland so:

> I am installing a firewall here at work. I am using Storm Linux. I have
> never use a Debian version of Linux before but all has seemed to go well
> thus far. I do not have X Windows on this box because it is a firewall. I
> have only used X to check and change the primary and secondary DNS servers.
> What file is this information stored in if I am not using X?

/etc/bind/named.conf on debian, /etc/named.conf for most everything
else. This is presuming you're running bind 8.x. For bind 4.x it was
/etc/named.boot or some such.

See /usr/sbin/named-bootconf if you're moving from bind 4.x to bind 8.x.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose (tie) away. - der.hans