RPM

Rod Roark rod@sunsetsystems.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:11:50 -0700

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, der.hans wrote:
> rpmdrake is bbb (broken beyond belief) in 7.1. Did an install yesterday
> and /usr/sbin/urpmi.addmedia is really, really hosed. They obviously never
> ran it, much less tested it.
>
> Methods for http, ftp and cdrom are not going to work as it came on the
> CDs I have.
>
> I haven't check local, so that might work.
>
> At Stammtisch tonight Kevin suggested wiping 7.1 and moving back to 7.0. I
> think he specifically said 7.0.2. I guess 7.1 in general is pretty hosed.

Hmm, my wife has been on 7.1 for a while without incident.  Of course
I never use rpmdrake, just rpm from the command line.  I'd be interested
to hear any more details about what's broken.

-- Rod
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                      and Custom Software