RPM

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 05:27:33 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Sep, 2000 schwäzte John W so:

> I seem to have lost the ability to install RPM using rpmdrake in Mandrake
> 7.1. I installed from a windows partition and have since moved the
> directory(in the interest of space).I also cannot install from the cdrom it
> does seem to be able to read from the cdrom anymore.
> Anyone have any ideas?

John,

rpmdrake is bbb (broken beyond belief) in 7.1. Did an install yesterday
and /usr/sbin/urpmi.addmedia is really, really hosed. They obviously never
ran it, much less tested it.

Methods for http, ftp and cdrom are not going to work as it came on the
CDs I have.

I haven't check local, so that might work.

At Stammtisch tonight Kevin suggested wiping 7.1 and moving back to 7.0. I
think he specifically said 7.0.2. I guess 7.1 in general is pretty hosed.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans