Problems with gs, apsfilter, and Canon bjc6000

Digital Wokan wokan@home.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:19:58 -0700

Jeff at Canon has explained to me that Canon has no intention of
supporting any OS that doesn't have a monopoly.  (Or is just super-neato
to the artistic friends of the driver writers since they do support
Mac.)

Of course, they don't use their restroom without signing an NDA since
someone might examine their DNA to ascertain the settings necessary for
the community to create their own drivers.  (What degree is required to
be a potty lawyer?)

  Thank you for your inquiry.

  Canon does not currently support the BeOS, Linux or Unix operating
systems.
  There are currently no plans for future driver development for these
  operating systems for this model.

  Sincerely,

  Jeff
  Canon