Business Startup

Bill Warner wwarner@direct-alliance.com
19 Sep 2000 01:41:20 +0700

> > A pretty warehouse setup with web cams all around pointed at the
> > merchindise.  setup so when you order something you can actually
> > see it almost realtime as you order it.  even with the posibility
> > of seeing pictures of it be packed and shipped all online.
> >
> > Log in to website see neat ads and specials.  search for foo.  page
> > loads with a picture of 26 foos sitting on a shelf next to
> > some bars and
> > other things.  You order a foo.  An hour later you notice a foo is
> > missing
> > from the stack and the number is now 25.  you check your order status
> > page and there is a web cam picture of someone packing up your foo.
> > with the shipping lable zoomed in on with everything you
> > need. a while
> > later you login and see your foo being loaded on the UPS truck.  next
> > day you get your foo from the UPS man.
> >
> > Sounds like a neat idea to me how 'bout you?
> >
> > Bill Warner
> >

> Sounds expensive and a little anal-retentive, especially for the stuff being
> sold.

what sounds expensive? other than having to keep up the look of the
warehouse
to be more like a real store front.  web cams are cheap.  software would
be
pretty difficult I'm sure.  and procedure would all have to be
implemented.
on second thought maybe that is pretty expensive.  ohh well just shot
down
my whole busness plan.  guess I will just be another failuar in life ;)

Bill Warner
Direct Alliance Corp.
Unix/Linux Admin.