RegExp in EMACS

Trent Shipley tshipley@symbio-tech.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:49:26 -0700

I had already done this, and on your advice I have done so again.  All I get
from C-h a regexp is a list that indicates EMACS has a built-in macro to
perform an interactive 'replace-regexp-with-string' but no interactive
facility that amounts to 'replace-regexp1-with-regexp2-refering-to-regexp1.'

I am hoping to avoid having to either write an E-LISP macro (since that
would entail learning e-lisp, and I'm in a hurry) or playing with PERL to
get a non-interactive solution.