Business Startup

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 17:04:17 -0700

I'd be VERY apt to go there before fry's. Sounds like a great idea. I want
Hawke's idea to work too; the more I think about it, the more I really
really like it.

HTH

Lucas Vogel

-----Original Message-----
From: John Albee [mailto:john@empresamexicana.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 3:50 PM
To: PLUG
Subject: OT: Business Startup

I plan on starting up a business within the next few weeks of electronics
liquidation(mostly computer systems and components).  I thought I would ask
all of you since I believe a large part of this list would be interested.
My main questions are:

What items would be most appealing?  separate items?(such as hard drives,
video cards, etc) or whole systems?(names like dell and compaq)

Does it bother you that the items are usually from one of the following
sources... 1. Customer Return, 2. Lost Freight, 3. Scratch and Dent, 4.
Missing Documentation or Parts, or 5) Surplus / Overstock. Quality of
merchandise can range from brand new to absolute junk (parts only).  When I
got my new system by this way it was a return that the company said had a
bad video card.  I opened the case and pushed the card fully into the slot
and it has been working like a charm ever since.

Also, how apt would you be to look through liquidation before going to a
place like frys?

Thanks,
John Albee