iPAQ linux

Bill Warner wwarner@direct-alliance.com
15 Sep 2000 04:15:16 +0700

I was just wondering if anyone else on the list
has one of these nifty little devices.  I bought
one with hopes to put linux on it but haven't
gotten a serial cable for it yet, all though I
just got the parts to make one myself.  Right now
I am using it with WinCE and other than the fact
that it is covered with M$ logos I really like it.

For anyone that don't know what I am talking about
the iPAQ is a handheld from Compaq that is based on
the Intel StrongArm processor at 206mhz with 16flash
and 32megs ram.  and about the same size as a Palm
Pilot.  With a nice 320x240 color 12 bit (4096 color)
display.

For pictures of the unit running linux and x windows
check out the site http://www.handhelds.org/

Bill Warner